AAS is pleased to announce the following opportunity. Applicants should send a cover letter and resumé to Colleen Creighton. Deadline for applications is March 27, 2020.
MANAGER, MEMBERSHIP & MARKETING
The Membership & Marketing Manager of the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) provides support to the CEO and the Association by assisting with customer services activities of the organization to include membership services, marketing, program development, database management, and conference planning. The Membership & Marketing Manager reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership Services – Coordinates membership marketing, retention, and recruitment efforts. Responds to requests and inquiries regarding member benefits, renewals, etc. Generates membership reports, renewal invoices, certificates, and data exports. Mails new member welcome packets, assists with updating member profiles, and manages AAS journal member subscription base.
- Marketing and Communications – Provides information and materials about AAS services and products to prospective members. Develops marketing and member recruitment materials and assists Director of Public Relations and Media with both internal and external communications.
- Program Development – Develops new program options for both existing and potential new members. Programmatic options to include, but not limited to educational webinars, continuing educational initiatives, and research initiatives. Assists with AAS Awards nomination and selection.
- Database Management – Assists with all aspects of database management necessary to coordinate the activities of the membership including inputting and updating data, producing reports and invoices, mailing lists, and distributing data as assigned. Also responsible for increasing membership engagement with new membership management platform.
- Conference Services – Serves as a key member of the AAS annual conference team. Processes participant registration information, Assists Director of Public Relations and Media with marketing and attendee communication, provides information to key stakeholders, and assists with on-site conference registration. member inquiries, and activities.
- General Administration – Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four to six years professional experience working in membership/marketing or customer service experience, preferably within an association
- Demonstrated ability and proven success in developing, executing, and analyzing membership recruitment and retention campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of membership databases and email marketing software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding membership and customer service skills and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently with minimal direction
- Experience working collaboratively across departments and with organization leadership.
- Remote work options available
About AAS: The American Association of Suicidology is the world’s largest membership-based suicide prevention organization. Founded in 1968 by Edwin S. Shneidman, PhD, AAS promotes the research of suicide and its prevention, public awareness programs, public education and training for professionals and volunteers. The membership of AAS includes mental health and public health professionals, researchers, suicide prevention and crisis intervention centers, school districts, crisis center volunteers, survivors of suicide loss, attempt survivors, and a variety of laypersons who have in interest in suicide prevention. You can learn more about AAS at www.suicidology.org.