Now Hiring – Communications Coordinator
Director of Public Relations and Media
July 16, 2021
About AAS: Founded in 1968 by Edwin S. Shneidman, PhD, AAS promotes the research of suicide and its prevention, public awareness programs, public education and training for professionals and volunteers. The membership of AAS includes mental health and public health professionals, researchers, suicide prevention and crisis intervention centers, school districts, crisis center volunteers, survivors of suicide loss, attempt survivors, and a variety of lay persons who have in interest in suicide prevention. You can learn more about AAS at www.suicidology.org.
American Association of Suicidology is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing organization. The Communications Coordinator’s role will consist of providing communications support for the organization in a variety of ways – digital, social media, marketing, content development, design and more. This is a contractual position which reports directly to the association’s Director of Public Relations and Media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor traditional and social media feeds for suicide prevention content (and other relevant issues) and provide reports to staff as required.
- Schedule and post daily social media content for AAS and our partners
- Produce media metrics reports for communications and leadership teams measuring organizational share of voice and impact of communications efforts
- Updates lists of media contacts, consultants, and engaged members/allies
- Assist in AAS multimedia production, including social media, video, and podcast content
- Provide basic graphics and design support for AAS websites and social media platforms
- Perform other content management duties as assigned, mainly related to updating current AAS resources and one-pagers
- Provide basic administrative support for the communications team
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years’ experience (including internships) in communications, public relations, or content management preferred
- Experience with the suicide prevention field or organizations a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with team members across functional areas
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with monitoring Google alerts
- Proficiency in social media platforms
Other pertinent information:
This is a contractual position without benefits.
Hourly rate is set at $16 per hour.
Hours per week may vary, but typically 10-15 hours per week will be required
Remote applicants welcome
Occasional travel required, mainly to an annual conference
Please send your resumé and cover letter via email, to Chris Maxwell email@example.com