Director of Membership (Remote Position)
The Director of Membership is responsible for designing and implementing the AAS membership growth and retention strategy that aligns with AAS’s strategic objectives. The Director of Membership is responsible for leading the development, implementation and evaluation of membership growth strategies, as well as day-to-day management of AAS member engagement. This position works closely with the CEO and at times the Board to ensure the highest level of service and engagement with our members. Our members come from all walks of life – including academe, research communities, practitioners, first responders, faith based community, medical community and individuals with lived experience that have been touched by suicide loss.
- Leads AAS’s overall efforts to recruit, retain, and engage membership.
- Collaborates with the CEO and the rest of the AAS team to
- Create a roadmap for sustainable membership growth;
- Establish short- and long-range plans and goals to achieve organization membership objectives;
- Outline a data-driven member engagement, retention, and recruitment strategy and implementation plan.
- Develop strategies and programs to stimulate member engagement as a means of membership renewal.
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with Suicide Prevention Community to enhance member benefits and services offered by AAS.
- Develop strategies to measure and strengthen member engagement.
- Develop a formal process to receive feedback from AAS membership on all facets of AAS programs, and services.
- Provide oversite on all membership data, tracking and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Accurate membership records
- Membership trend analysis by region
- Recruitment and retention reports
- Current, new and prospective member information
- Member experience throughout join and renewal process
- Initiate and manage strategic partnerships with other non-profit, NGO’s, Government etc…to help recruitment and retention of membership;
- Sets annual membership goals. Provides monthly insight into membership revenue and tracking to annual goals.
- This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in membership or similar management position preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in growing membership/partners/customers and strengthening membership/customer retention.
- An understanding of the suicide prevention community preferred.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with members and customers outside the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.