AAS is now offering this specialized version of the Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk Training, tailored for those clinicians working in a university or college setting.
RRSR College/University is specifically designed to focus on issues in the college and university population. Suicide is among the leading causes of death of college students. Research has suggested that up to 8% of college students have a history of suicide attempts, and 6% have seriously contemplated suicide in the past 12 months. There are many unique issues in responding to suicide risk in this population, including understanding developmental components, role of the family, and management within the campus community. RRSR College/University will augment the standard RRSR curriculum via:
- Clinical case discussions of unique dilemmas that come up in the college population and community;
- Review of the Comprehensive Approach developed by SPRC/Jed Foundation;
- Discussion of suicide prevention strategies for the defined campus community;
- The role of Student of Concern Committees; and
- Strategies for the campus when a suicide does occur.
Please contact ATC@suicidology.org for more information.