Our 55th Annual Conference was held, April 27-30, 2022 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Chicago, IL.
The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) hosted AAS22, our 55th Annual Conference, April 27 – 30, 2022. The conference took place via a unique format – both in person in Chicago, IL at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare and also virtually for those across the globe.
The strength of the AAS annual conference is that it brings together multiple sectors focused on the common goal of preventing suicide and saving lives. Our primary objective for AAS22 included:
- Better equip those on the front line of prevention through translation and application of research;
- Identify new and evolving research that will help prevent suicides;
- Embrace and integrate equity into the conference conversations; and
- Integrate the voices of lived experience—including impacted family members—throughout all disciplines.
As a community, we have faced our share of health care hurdles — from restrictive policy and lack of funding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the obstacles, we always persevere. Join us as we celebrate our resilience, reflect on the past and redefine the future of our field.
Whether you’re new to our annual conference or an event regular, there’s something for everyone:
- In-person networking with suicide prevention colleagues from across the country.
- A front-row seat to hear from sought-after speakers in our field.
- Personalized learning to boost your leadership, workforce and operations.
- Immersive exhibits showcasing the latest innovations in suicide prevention.
- Access to industry-leading services, products and technologies.
- The chance to earn dozens of continuing education credits.
We spent three days of nonstop knowledge sharing against the backdrop of beautiful Chicago, Illinois, from April 27–30, 2022!
AAS22 Health and Safety
The health and well-being of AAS22 attendees, staff, sponsors and exhibitors remains a top priority. With a close eye on the latest world and local conditions, new technologies and personal safety concerns, AAS is prepared to make adjustments as necessary. As of January 3, 2022: All participants at the AAS22 in-person conference, whether a presenter, attendee, exhibitor, staff, guest, or vendor will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will accept CDC and WHO-approved vaccines. You must complete your final vaccine by April 11, 2022, to be considered fully vaccinated for AAS22. The booster does not apply to this Order. AAS is currently researching HIPAA- compliant platforms that allow registrants to comply with the health and safety protocols for this conference to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of all participants. Stay tuned for more information on providing your proof of vaccination ahead of AAS22. This update is in response to the City of Chicago’s current vaccine requirement. The Public Health Order is set to remain in effect until the City of Chicago/Suburban Cook County is through the Omicron-driven surge and the risk of overwhelming hospital capacity has passed.
To review our complete safety guidance for AAS22, including information on the health and safety precautions AAS and Hyatt are taking to ensure a safe conference, please visit and bookmark our Healthy and Safety page. We will update this page regularly.
Questions? Feel free to contact the AAS Central Office at AAS22@suicidology.org.