The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) is a world-leader in the development, implementation, and facilitation of accreditation, certification, and training programs. Our programs are based on evidence-supported and best practices to uphold standards of care for those impacted by suicide.
Call for Subject Matter Experts & Trainers – Training Program
The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) is seeking Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop new learning content as well as Trainers to deliver trainings on topics related to suicide prevention.
SMEs are contracted to develop new curricula, revise existing curricula, and provide peer reviews. Trainers are contracted to deliver in person and/or virtual training to a wide range of audiences.
AAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit association dedicated to the understanding and prevention of suicide.
AAS offers training programs for organizations and individuals on a variety of expanding topics (e.g. Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk [for Clinicians, Correctional Facility Clinicians, Primary Care Providers, Emergency Department]; School, College, and University Suicide Prevention; Suicide Death Investigation Series including Suicide Death Investigation Course, Motivational Interviewing, Report Writing Courses and Psychological Autopsy; Perinatal Mental Health; Crisis Specialist and Supervisory Training and Certifications; Suicide Prevention and Cultural Considerations; Peer to Peer Support; Suicide Prevention and Awareness [for Trades, Funeral Industry, Clergy, Workplace]; and more).
AAS is seeking SMEs who have experience developing curriculum, as well as a vast and thorough knowledge of suicide prevention, and the associated risks and protective factors.
AAS is seeking trainers who have experience delivering curriculum and content related to suicide prevention.
How to Express Interest
Review the requirements below and complete the interest form indicating which role(s) and training(s) you are interested in by 12.08.2023. Submissions must include a curriculum vitae and cover letter. In the cover letter, specify how you have met the following criteria:
Interested individuals must:
- Have a demonstrated expertise and knowledge of suicide prevention
- Have experience developing and updating curriculum directly related to suicide prevention or experience delivering training directly related to suicide prevention.
- Possess a graduate degree in the field of mental health.
Thank you for your interest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- To register yourself for an upcoming live (in-person or virtual) training, go to our training calendar and select the AAS training from the currently scheduled options.
- To register yourself for an on-demand (asynchronous) training, go to our training store and select the AAS training from the currently available on-demand courses.
- To register a group of participants for any trainings and/or to have a private training for your organization or community, complete our training request form. AAS staff will follow-up with next steps to coordinate with you in 1-3 business days.
Note: To receive member prices for any AAS trainings, an individual/organization must register as an AAS Member, pay membership dues, and be formally approved by AAS. Membership approval can take up to 2 business days and we recommend waiting 24-48 hours before purchasing a training registration to ensure you receive the member rate.