Virtual Technician – American Association of Suicidology
The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) seeks a Virtual Technician to assist with the technical side of virtual training sessions using an online platform.
Using Zoom, the technician will:
- Open and close the Zoom meeting
- Be responsible for all technical aspects, including running the session.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems for the trainer during the training.
- Monitor the chat box during the session, and field any questions to the trainer.
- Work with the training host and trainers to support the participants.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Must have a strong internet connection.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Zoom and have the latest version downloaded.
- Must be able to address technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- Must be professional, patient, and have good interpersonal skills as you will be assisting trainers, and participants.
- Must be comfortable with hearing discussions around suicide risk and/or psychological.
autopsies. We are unable to filter any topics that could possibly be triggering.
- Must be extremely dependable and punctual. Must be available for the duration of the entire
- Training sessions are expected to be between 7 to 12 hours total and will be held over several days (2-3 hours/day).
- Training schedules will be provided at least 2 weeks in advance, so that the Virtual Technician can confirm if they are able to accept the assignment.
- Must use a headset, and the work area should be free from background noise and distractions.
Note: The Virtual Technician will not be considered as a participant in the training, and must remain a silent attendee available only for technical assistance.
The position is 100% remote.
This is a paid, temporary contract position, and several virtual technicians will be hired to accommodate the training schedules. The schedule is flexible and the technician will be hired per training. The training schedule and hours will vary based on the training schedules.
No benefits are offered. Hourly rate is $16/hour.
Applications close on Wednesday, September 21st, 2022
Please submit your resume to Michele Martin (email@example.com), she can also address any questions you may have and/or offer additional information.